Anchor links on hub page not going to anchor position on linked page

Brass Contributor

I have an HR communications site and have created a page that goes to the first chapter of a resource that resides on its own communications page. I have published the chapter page and have gone through and copied the anchor links. I have placed those links in a 'quick links' web part on the main page in a sort of directory. When clicked, the links take you to the resource page, but not to the correct anchor position within the page. On page refresh, the same link does, in fact, take you to the anchor. 

So to sum up, clicking an anchor from the directory takes you to the top of the page and then F5 gets it to load the correct anchor point. 

This is obviously not going to work for using a separate page as a directory, which is the requirement. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? 

Windows 10 / Chrome / GCC 

Thanks. 

2 Replies

@CW_213 Were you able to find a solution to this issue? I've been trying and trying and nothing has worked.

@Julie_Pomp_01 Nope. Unfortunately it just does not work. Very disappointing. Basically makes the anchor links worthless.