Allow users to create site pages but only edit their own pages.

Copper Contributor

I am using then new feature for a classifieds ad section on our intranet and it works really well however I need to allow users to create pages, but not edit other ends users' pages.  This is exactly what a list can do but I need the site pages library to be set this way.  Am I missing a setting for the library for this or is there another way to accomplish create and edit your own pages?  Thank you!

3 Replies

@Christy Satterfield You have to use custom page level permissions for your requirements.

1. Run a Power automate flow when new site page is created in library - Use site owner account to create a flow
  2. Break permissions inheritance on site page
  3. Grant site owners/admins Full control permissions
  4. Grant write access to "Created By" user
  5. Grant read access to other users / Visitors group

Check this for more information:

1. Site Sharing, List to show users only their created by items however show list items to all employee... 
  2. Set Specific User Restrictions on certain pages - manual steps demo

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Thank you for the references, I was just getting into power automate to do this exact thing. I'll see if I can get it to work. Thank you much.

@Christy Satterfield I think this is a great concept, but have you considered using Viva Engage for this? I think it could be an easier solution (one that meets all of your editing needs in an uncomplicated way) than trying to use and create unique permissions on SharePoint pages. I have client doing this very successfully in Viva Engage using #Hashtags and Topics to organize posts. They use the Yammer Conversations web part to promote their internal classified ads on the home page of their intranet and there are a lot of vacation homes rented and Girls Scout cookies sold!