Allocate numerical score to line item based on multi select answers

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm working on establishing an employee capability self assessment, with an end result of PowerApps using sharepoint lists and power bi to use data based on employee responses to build a radar graph based on their identified skill level.

I am using sharepoint lists and have a column for a question in each capability (correlating to each point of the radar graph) with 12 possible responses. The employee can choose up to 4 responses, which then need to be scored (each response has between 1-3 point value, with several responses of the same value) and a total score that will then be the final data used for the graph.

I have been looking at options between lookup by having an additional list which allocates a point value to each potential response that may be selected on the self assessment sheet in choice/checklist column (lookup only allows one selection of response and doesn't then populate a total score) and calculations (however I am new to JSON) so if there is any advice that can help me link these two components together that would be highly appreciated!

CHeers,

Nikola

2 Replies

@Nikola920 my initial reaction is to do all the dropdowns, calculations etc in a Power Apps canvas app, save the data to SharePoint then do what you need to in Power BI.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott thanks, I was thinking it may come to something like that - colleague already made all the spreadsheets/lists and it's difficult to create something backward that will suit! 

Giving it a try through PowerApps now and will touch back if I need any further advice :)

Cheers,

N