SOLVED

Advanced Search

Brass Contributor

I have a project I am working on, it is a SharePoint List and the user would like to have an Advanced Search setup.  The example that was provided was from an older version of SharePoint On-Prem.  From what I can tell the Search form (with multiple search criteria) may have been built using SharePoint Designer.  When the Search button is clicked it displays the results in a list and on the sidebar there are refiners (that part would be easy to do), my problem is creating the Search Form to search the list and displaying the results.  I'm thinking it probably can not be done in SharePoint Online, unless in classic mode.  I've installed the PnP Modern Search and will probably provide that as an example.  My other option is to create the search in PowerApps (which I've started building).  Any suggestions?  thank you!

Kim

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Kim Williams (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Kim WilliamsOn think you are taking the right step on doing it through Power apps the reason it is a new modern low code or no code and you can play around and customize it fully as per your requirements while in Sharepoint search there are few limitations.

So go for it spending your energy for Power App will payoff.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kim Williams (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Kim WilliamsOn think you are taking the right step on doing it through Power apps the reason it is a new modern low code or no code and you can play around and customize it fully as per your requirements while in Sharepoint search there are few limitations.

So go for it spending your energy for Power App will payoff.

View solution in original post