SOLVED

Adding web parts to SharePoint sites

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I'm a bit new to SharePoint development and am trying to create a new page. I can add new web parts and below is a sample of ones that I can add:

20221104_objects to add.JPG

A co-worker has a different page and she is able to add different types of web parts than me. She gave me an example of this site which uses these web parts:  Beautiful, website-like SharePoint Intranet Solution (origamiconnect.com)

I read through the site and it appears to be a third party development company. We want to keep the development inhouse. I was wondering in order to get different web parts than the default, would I need to purchase different templates from third party companies. Or are there places where I can download free web parts that integrate with SharePoint.

Jason

3 Replies
You can get webparts from here:
https://pnp.github.io/

These are community based.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS:
I strongly recommend that you find a local partner and consultant company which can help, support and teach you in creating your digital workplace. As there is alot to think about when creating a structure for an intranet as well as the look
best response confirmed by JasonYeung (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JasonYeung You have below options:

1. Develop your own custom web parts using SharePoint framework (SPFx), documentation: SPFx Overview 
  2. Get free web parts developed by community members and made available for free. You can use them as it is if it fits your requirements or download the code and enhance it as per your requirements. Check samples at: sp-dev-fx-webparts samples 
  3. Add apps from the SharePoint Store - This can be free or paid third party apps made available via SharePoint store
  4. If you don't have inhouse developers who can work on SPFx development, you can hire freelancer or full-time developer employees.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap,

Thanks for your tips!

Jason
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JasonYeung (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@JasonYeung You have below options:

1. Develop your own custom web parts using SharePoint framework (SPFx), documentation: SPFx Overview 
  2. Get free web parts developed by community members and made available for free. You can use them as it is if it fits your requirements or download the code and enhance it as per your requirements. Check samples at: sp-dev-fx-webparts samples 
  3. Add apps from the SharePoint Store - This can be free or paid third party apps made available via SharePoint store
  4. If you don't have inhouse developers who can work on SPFx development, you can hire freelancer or full-time developer employees.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post