Adding Images to Sharepoint List

Brass Contributor

When adding in image to a Sharepoint List is it possible to select the source as a document library from the same Sharepoint site?

Thanks

6 Replies

@Todd Lane yes it is. In the image below the location of the flag in the Flag column is a document library on the same site and displays the actual flag in the JSON-formatted view.

flags2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks @RobElliott, but Im talking about the process of uploading in the first place. Whn I select add image, I just get directed to C Drive. I tried typing Sharepoint address in the Address Bar but nothing happens

@Todd Lane that's the default behaviour if you selected Image as the column type. If you want to paste in a url from a document library then create a hyperlink column instead. Then go to list settings and for that new column change the Format URL As from Hyperlink to Picture.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott thanks

@Todd Lane As you are using Image column type in list, this is the default behavior for image columns in SharePoint.

Using this column type, you can only select single image, that too from your computer/system only. 

ReferenceSharePoint Online: All you need to know about New Image column type 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Do you mind sharing this json? Thank you :)