SOLVED

Adding documents to groups

Copper Contributor

Hi I have creatd a document library with grouping levels... see below.... but how do I select the group, into which, i wnat to the document to go?

Any assistance would be much appreciated...

Kind Regards,

Andrew

5 Replies
Hi,
If I understood correctly, you had created a field called 'Doc Type' and enabled the grouping based on that field. Make sure the 'Doc Type' field is mandatory, so while uploading the document you have to choose the 'Doc Type'. Once the document is checked in it will automatically be displayed in the particular group docs.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

@andrewmice 

It's important to understand that the form only comes up if (1) you have at least one required field that does not have a default value and (2) you upload one document at at time.

In those cases, you can then drag/drop files directly from file explorer into a group or even from one group to another. But if you're moving files from one library to another using "move", you won't get the form. They'll all go in as unassigned and you'll have to manually move them or use bulk update.

Keep an eye on the library view "Files that need attention" - you'll see a red dot on the current view as an alert. That's a filter showing all the items that are missing required values. From there you can bulk update multiple files at once.

@Sudharsan K 

Thank you so much! That is a massive help... I'm fairly new to this and using this time during lockdown to learn new skills so that my company can be more efficient so thank you!!!!

@Rachel Davis 

Oh, thak you Rachel, that's really helpful too! Really appreciate you're input and it helps me save loads of time finding things for myself :)

best response confirmed by andrewmice (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi, Please mark the best response as a solution, which will help others.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by andrewmice (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi, Please mark the best response as a solution, which will help others.

View solution in original post