SOLVED

Adding data to a Sharepoint list

Copper Contributor

I have a list on Sharepoint Online it has over 2000 rows already and I want to copy another 500 from a spreadsheet into the list like i used to do in Sharepoint 2007. I have gone to edit in grid view and pasted the new data but all that happens is that the whole lot just goes into one single cell. So am I correct in assuming that MS have discontinued this and I will have to build a new list from scratch. I'm beginning to think Google is a far better option

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ajt8888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ajt8888 I do it regularly, it hasn't been discontinued and will work, it just takes a bit of trial-and-error. Ctrl+z to delete the current attempt, then click in the cell to the right then back again into the far left cell and ctrl+v again. It usually takes 2-3 goes for me before it's successful.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks Mark
That worked much appreciated
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ajt8888 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ajt8888 I do it regularly, it hasn't been discontinued and will work, it just takes a bit of trial-and-error. Ctrl+z to delete the current attempt, then click in the cell to the right then back again into the far left cell and ctrl+v again. It usually takes 2-3 goes for me before it's successful.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post