SOLVED

Adding columns to a sharepoint after creation

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I already have a SharePoint site up, and I am looking to add columns now. As you can see, I just created a column called "start date". It seems that only the columns that say item show up on my site.

Why is this? Can I still add other columns?

Thank you!!

image001.jpg

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Aserata (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aserata in your list settings, scroll down to Views and select All items and make sure that your new columns are selected. Or you can create a new view and select the columns you want to display. You can add hundreds of columns if you want to!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott Thanks! Now I see it in the column field. I still can not enter any information, how can I do that?

@Aserata what do you mean by "you cannot enter any information"? When you open the item in the list what do you see?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Aserata (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Aserata in your list settings, scroll down to Views and select All items and make sure that your new columns are selected. Or you can create a new view and select the columns you want to display. You can add hundreds of columns if you want to!

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post