Adding an Image with multiple url into SharePoint modern communication site

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I want to use modern communication SharePoint site that include an image on the page with multiple url attached to each section of the image.

My image is mix of a DFD and W/F , that I would like to add different urls to each steps. I tried to divide each part as individual image and insert url, but its look like awful. 

So I want to include one image and insert multiple url in each area of the image.

Can someone please tell me how can I do this.

FYI-I have used SPD to add urls in Classic Team site, but I cannot do this on Modern site.

Thanks. 

6 Replies
I'm afraid this cannot be done without some custom Dev and not sure if even with custom Dev you can achieve this

Not sure what you mean by DFD and W/F, but you should be able to use PowerPoint or Visio to create an image with multiple hot spots

He's talking about doing Image Maps I think it what those were called back in the hay day. They require some custom html so As Juan has said it would require custom dev to use in a modern page via an spfx webpart to render the HTML block required for image maps. You "Might" be able to get creative with an embed webpart to do it, but I don't think that would work.
I created a pseudo image map using an embed PowerPoint slide. Create a slide with your image and then add hyperlinks to it, embed this on a SharePoint page using file viewer and the links will work. Migration hack

@Alan Marshall When I use the file viewer, it is laggy and takes a few seconds to get itself looking clear. I've used the same hack with PDF and embedded the links, uploaded the PDF with active links to the file viewer.