Add Support Partner in Modern Site

MVP

Has anyone added a Support Partner to a modern site (in this case a communication site).  The classic Site Collection page includes this feature still but not the new style and as a communication site, the site is obviously not listed.  If we add the support partner as a guest this blocks access to the SharePoint Admin Centre.  The support partner need to access both the admin centre and one site collection.

3 Replies

Hi @Sara Fennah - Invite them from the site itself- once they accept, go to Site Settings > Site Collection Admins and add them there - their email will resolve in the system after they've accepted the initial invite. This is just to that site's admin 'center' not to the global SharePoint admin center. Hope that helps. let me know if i misunderstood your ask

@Kelly_Edinger thanks for the response.  Unfortunately then the guest account takes precedence over the delegated admin rights and we cant see the SharePoint Admin centre as well.  we've got around it by using two accounts.  One guest on the site and one delegated admin.

Oh, I'm sorry @Sara Fennah - I don't think I had enough coffee before reading and responding. Delegated Admin - yes, you did the right thing with setting up another account. Didn't mean to waste your time.