Add many Child Items to Parent share point list item.

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I have a SharePoint list that tracks recruitments. The list's form is customized. Now I want to add tasks associated with each item. one recruitment may have many tasks associated with it. For the tasks I've created another list called 'Task tracker'. 

My objective is to get something like when the user clicks "Add-task" a new child form will pop out with columns(task id, task-topic, task-detail, assigned-to, deadline). Is there a way to configure such things with out PowerApps? here is my current list pic and I want to add some button in the place of the 'Add task' without PowerApps.  

yohannes_adeb_0-1658150351202.png

3 Replies

@yohannes_adeb I don't think this is possible without Powerapps or customization. 

Here is a thought - Add a button that takes users to a landing page from where they can create tasks. In the task list create a look up column to pick 'Recruitments' from your recruitment list.

@Bharath Arja, thanks for your response. Can I ask how to add that button on the parent list that takes them to the child list?

Create a SharePoint page and Embed this List in that page and add a button there to navigate to Task List.