SOLVED

Add Created by column to List form

Copper Contributor

Do you know if there is a way to add the Created by of the New list item to the form? It's useful to see this when editing the form or sending a comment to the Creator. Then I don't have to close the form to go look at the Created by column.

4 Replies
If you are referring to an item in a SharePoint list this, I believe, is already a standard field in the list. A snapshot from one of my list for example shows Created By as a standard field.

To confirm this find your list settings and check out the form fields listed on this page. There should already be a Created By listed.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@tomscrace This is a default behavior of SharePoint modern experience list forms & you cannot add the Created/Created By/Modified/Modified By/ID fields to list forms using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You need to edit the list form using Power Apps to add such fields on list forms.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Thanks for the response!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@tomscrace This is a default behavior of SharePoint modern experience list forms & you cannot add the Created/Created By/Modified/Modified By/ID fields to list forms using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You need to edit the list form using Power Apps to add such fields on list forms.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post