Add another attachment column - SharePoint List

Copper Contributor

Hello, community,

I wanted to know if in a SharePoint list you can have two columns that have attachments?

fernandorojas_1-1594166149860.png

Any help is appreciated, regards.

9 Replies
No,
There is only one attachment column in the list...what you could have is different hyperlink columns, but I understand this is not what you are looking for

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Thanks for the answer.

And how does this hyperlink column work? How can I simulate this thing I want to do, making two columns of attachments?

@fernandorojas 

As @Juan Carlos González Martín says it's not possible to recreate the attachments column, it's a systems column that can't be recreated.  The column he mentions allows you to add a column to your list that you can use to point to other resources.

I've added an image of the list column below that you'd see on the NewForm.aspx / EditForm.aspx.  Filling these out would result in a clickable link being visible in the list item

SPO_NewForm_URLField.JPG

Hi, please help to vote the idea your brought up to make Microsoft work harder for us. Thanks https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/c290f4f2-46cf-ec11-a81b-000d3a00c008

@fernandorojas hi fernan can you find any solution? i need that feature too.

Thanks!!

@Jvenegash @fernandorojas This is by design in SharePoint. It is not possible to add multiple attachments columns to a single list.

However, it is possible to upload multiple files as attachment in the attachments field of an item.

Similar threadhttps://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/290950/can-we-have-multiple-attachment-sections-insid...

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap Thanks for this info, could you please tell me how can I show the multiple files of an item? I can only see one attachment per item.

Thanks in advance!

@SarahAbdelrazek You can have only one attachment "column" per list item, but you can attach multiple files in that one attachment column like: 

ganeshsanap_0-1679491571281.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

What I have is actually a list for a Microsoft Form. I'm using Power automate to get responses. Do you have an idea how can I see the multiple attachments that are uploaded by a user?