SOLVED

Add a guest to site without giving access to hub navigation

Copper Contributor

Hello

I need to add a guest to a communication site on our intranet. When I give them access to the site they can also see the menus on our hub navigation. Is there a way I can give them access to the site they need, but stop them from seeing the hub navigation options? For example, it contains our A-Z so at the moment they can see a list of all the links we have on it. They can't access them because they don't have permission but I'd rather they didn't see them at all. :smile:

3 Replies
best response confirmed by marie_sk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You could enable audience on your hub navigation. I think you would need to create an AD group that contains all your organization users without guests (I don't think you can use "Everyone Except External Users" for audience) and set audience on the hub menu items (top levels items if you want to hide everything)
Thank you. I haven't seen the audience targeting options before. I'll do some testing as that could be useful elsewhere too.
Did using audience targeting work for hiding the navigation to external users?

I have just changed this on a client - however, gonna wait the obligitory 24 hours before it will adhere changes - just thought i'd ask in the mean time :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by marie_sk (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You could enable audience on your hub navigation. I think you would need to create an AD group that contains all your organization users without guests (I don't think you can use "Everyone Except External Users" for audience) and set audience on the hub menu items (top levels items if you want to hide everything)

View solution in original post