Add a 'foreign' list to my sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Hi all

Following situation. I'm supporting a handful of sites and have created our team sharepoint. These sites are part of many projects and these projects have their own sharpeoint. THey use lists there to track certain things. To make my people's life easier I like to crwate a single point of access and want embed such lists as webparts in my modern sharepoint.

I have no clue if this is possible and how to do?

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Daniel

4 Replies
Hi Daniel,
If you need to embed thos lists as WebParts in other sites, Microsoft does not provide out of the box WebParts for doing that so you will need to build it using SPFx
Hi Juan
Thanks for your reply. Then I have to learn SPFx first..let me Google for

Best,
Daniel
An easier answer is to create a page in your central site that simply links to the other lists. Yes, people will need to bounce back and forth but it takes 5 min and no special skill.

A slightly more advanced option is to use Power BI. One of the beauties of PBI is that it allows you to combine data from multiple separate sources into a single dashboard which you can choose to display on a SharePoint page.

Keep in mind that the biggest issue you will have here no matter which method you use is permissions. Access to the content will be controlled by each individual site. All viewers will need at least read only access to all projects in order to see the lists, web parts or dashboards.
Something else that might be worth looking at, is to set a central site as a Hub site, then associate the other sites to that hub - this would enable consistent navigation from all sites up to the hub - so if you have central tracking lists, etc. they are easily linked from each project site.