Access Management on sharepoint Online.

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

i have a problem with a SharePoint site. The site is created as teams site and i chose the project management template. The rights that the owners have are correct. All the other users should be members that can only edit-create things in document library and in SharePoint list. The members they should not be able to edit the entire page (i found the solution by giving to members read rights on the home.aspx). The members should also not be able to edit the navigation bar on the left side of the pare. I want the edit button on the left navigation bat not be accessible or visible to the members. Could anyone be willing to help me?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

@kostasmarantos

Hello,

Hope you have created a modern site in SharePoint Online. You can hide the top navigation Edit for other users by granting view permission on Home.aspx page. Follow these steps...

SITE CONTENTS > SITE PAGES > HOME.ASPX > RIGHT CLICK manage access > change permission to "Can View" for the users you wish for....this will prevent them from editing the home page.

Second case, As far as I know, there is no OOB way to hide Edit button in left navigation. But you can hide the entire left navigation.

Top Gear symbol > Site Information > view all site settings > Navigation elements > Disable Enable Quick Launch and OK.

If you feel this  helped you mark as best response.