Access App

Iron Contributor

Dear All,

Is there an official end date for the Access web app? There was supposed a second notification sent by Microsoft to confirm end dates and possible migration paths. We have not seen anything in our admin portal.

Dhiran

3 Replies
AFAIK,
This was reported in a message in the Messages Center and I believe that Acces Web App are not supported anymore.

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín

Thanks for reply. We did get the first notification but there was supposed to be 2nd communication with more details in October 2017. 

The impression is that all Access web apps will be switched off in April but is that 1st April or end of April?

Dhiran

Also, check out this for further details: Access Services in SharePoint Roadmap

"This feature will be retired from Office 365 and SharePoint Online. We will stop creation of new Access-based web apps and Access web databases in Office 365 and SharePoint Online starting in June, 2017 and shut down any remaining web apps and web databases by April, 2018."

The same article suggests using PowerApps instead. 

@Dhiran Gajjar We posted at the same time! That article also has ways to migrate Access web app data by the way but I can't see any mention of when in April it will be shut down.  I'd plan for April 1st personally but perhaps log a service request and see if they can provide more clarity!