New+ button not visible in site contents view

Copper Contributor

I have a modern site collection running in Sharepoint SE. When I open site site content view (/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=14) the 'New+' button is missing. 

If I click "subsites" (/_layouts/15/viewlsts.aspx?view=15) (next to Contents link in the body of the page) the "New+" button appears. If I click back it stays there.

Why isn't it visible in the first place? I have site collection admin permission in the site.

I'm running January 2022 CU.

Here is a screenshot of the page with missing New+ button

grab.png

2 Replies

Hi @clarky_, I just tried this in an SPSE environment that's also running the January 2022 Public Update but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you described. The New button is visible to me on first browse to the Site Contents page (viewlsts.aspx?view=14) as a site collection administrator. You may want to open a support case with Microsoft Support to take a closer look at your environment.

Thanks for confirming. Looks like it was an issue with the way I had set up my web application. I'd left off the -SecureSocketsLayer switch from the New-SPWebapplication command. Having rebuilt it with that switch its all behaving.