VS 2019 cannot deploy Sharepoint App - Missing AddSharePointResolver task

Copper Contributor

We have a Sharepoint App that we have been maintaining & improving for a few years now. The app is javascript/html code. I recently (about 3 weeks ago) moved the solution to a new computer and upgraded the solution in VS 2019 and at that time I was able to deploy the App without issue.

Since then I have installed a some Microsoft Version Updates for VS 2019 that I was prompted to install. The current version of VS 2019 is 16.3.10. I have also set up the project with version control with a local Git repository and Teams Services.

Now I am not able to deploy the solution due to the following error that occurs when I deploy either the Solution or the App.

The error is as follows:

The "AddSharePointResolver" task was not found. Check the following:
1) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class.
2) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface.
3) The task is correctly declared with in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin" directory.

To this point, to my knowledge, there have not been any "tasks" in the project nor do I know what these actually are. I cannot find any reference on the internet to "AddSharePointResolver", within the solution, or on the internet.

After some investigating:

• The Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface isnt on my computer
  • There are no *.tasks files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin
  • I searched for the term "UsingTask" in the solution and it was not found

I'm a bit baffled as to what has changed to prompt for this and what it is actually referring to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Greg J

0 Replies