Nov 18 2022 04:01 AM
Nov 18 2022 04:01 AM
I've run into a weird problem with one of my Sharepoint lists. When trying to edit any field in said list, I get the following error: Invalid date-time value.
The only "Date and time" columns in my list are the default Created and Modified columns. When I added these fields to the list view the dates are in the following format: 2022-10-27T09.09.14Z
I have added a new item to the list on 27.10.2022 and had no problems adding that, so this issue is pretty new. Other lists can be edited on the site just fine, and their Created/Modified Columns are displayed in a different format (Yesterday, May 9 etc..).
Any clues as to what could be causing this issue or how to fix it would be appreciated. I would've included pictures, but am unable to post them (probably because I've just signed up).
Thanks in advance,
Jan 13 2023 08:46 PM
Jan 31 2023 01:43 AM
Feb 20 2023 12:16 PM - edited Feb 20 2023 12:17 PM
Has anyone found a fix to this Sharepoint list issue? I have been having the same issues since November 2022 and it is now February 2023 and still having the same issues with date entries randomly showing error messages for Error: Invalid date-time value.
Mar 07 2023 11:12 PM
@CBranch in my case this seems to be related to the automatic "Created" date column, it somehow fritzes out like this: 2022-09-14T10.03.50Z.
It does not seem to be possible to edit this column.
Mar 07 2023 11:19 PM
May 12 2023 11:18 AM
May 26 2023 07:18 AM
Oct 25 2023 11:58 PM
This problem seems to still occur. We did some local troubleshooting and at least found a workaround - "Return to classic Sharepoint"-button in the bottom left corner of the list will take you to classic experience, where editing seems to be possible without the date/time values interrupting.
Something that we found out:
- Automatic date column "Modified" is causing the problem. When you edit a list item, you automatically input the modified date/time value in wrong format. You can find the error by scrolling up, after you've failed to edit the list item
--> Tried to change date/time settings from user settings, as well as Site settings and List settings, none of that worked.
- This happens randomly, but mainly to the same users with same local settings. For us, the issue occurs with a list that is edited by users from various time zones and with various date/time settings.
- Sometimes closing browser/restarting PC has solved it, but not always