Transition from Google Drive to Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

Hello, i am new to site so any advice is always appreciated. I have built a fairly elaborate google MIS that i use professionally. 

I need to move now to Sharepoint. I first want to know can i download sharepoint to create my new MIS and later when my company acquires a company sharepoint simply merge into theirs? 

I need to start approximately 6 months in advance of them to make sure i am ready for the transition. If the answer is yes i will ask more about Sharepoint itself.

Thanks for letting me join i look forward to help and advice. 

Steve 

1 Reply

Sorry for confusion, the MIS is an internal management information system that collects data from all departments using tablets and web checklists about Production, Safety and Human resources issues. All of this data collected centrally and automatically into one database. It is then accessed by department Supervisors in the form of a report card.  

There are over 90 data points that clearly define the performance of each employee in regards to their Safety , Production and any Human resources issues they have. This provides for a very thorough performance report card that the Supervisors must present monthly to their teams. 
If not for this approach it would be impossible for them to provide such feedback. The company however has chosen to move forward with Sharepoint. I need to prepare. 

thanks again 

Steve M