Text Component: Custom RTE Formatting?

Copper Contributor

I'm working with SharePoint online to build out a site that will use the layouts demonstrated in the SharePoint Lookbook (https://lookbook.microsoft.com/). This is a cool site that depicts many of the options for layout and highlights all the web parts used.   I see that in many places they use the Text web part with Custom RTE formatting.   I cannot find anyway to do this out of the box.  What am I missing?  Here is example of what we need to do.   

2020-04-07_13-24-18.png

3 Replies

@trench99 

Hello

Basically you can copy and paste your word document to here:

Text.PNG

RTE.PNG

@Alireza Rahimifarid Would you be able to elaborate on this? I don't see what is depicted in your screenshots. I am using a hero web part and want to adjust one of the tiles to be text-only

@katiepflueger I too am working on this. 

From what @Alireza Rahimifarid mentioned, I put a stock image in Microsoft Word and some text. I selected it all and copied it into the text section of SharePoint (SharePoint from Teams group). It works. I may try copying from Publisher to text box in SharePoint. 

I would recommend designing something in say Adobe Photoshop, place the image in Word/Publisher with custom text, select all and copy to SharePoint in text box. 

Here's what I did (1st image is SharePoint (dark) and 2nd image is Word):

Capture 2 from SharePoint.PNGCapture_1 from Word.PNG 

I did not know this was possible. This opens up a lot of customization. I hope this helps!