SOLVED

spfx vs tradition addin

Brass Contributor

spfx vs tradition addin, which one will microsoft support the most in the furture? thanks

5 Replies
Clearly SPFx...AddIns are still supported, but Microsoft has not done any investments for years in the AddIns platform

Thanks Juan, you know where we can get the roadmap for spfx? I believe we still can't do these thing in spfx:

1. remote event receiver

2. applicationcustomizer is too weak, only top and bottom panel can be customize

SPFx should be the way to to replace SharePoint hosted add-in. Although there are still few scenario where add-in is still unavoidable:

• Provider hosted add-ins where customisation can't be achieved by Client side.
  • App Only permissions.
best response confirmed by Peter Cheung (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Ey Peter, my 2 cents here:
1. SPFx will not bring remote event receivers. You have to take a look at the possibilities that webhooks bring to you
2. You are right and here Microsoft has promised to provide more capabilities to SPFx extensions

Super thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Peter Cheung (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Ey Peter, my 2 cents here:
1. SPFx will not bring remote event receivers. You have to take a look at the possibilities that webhooks bring to you
2. You are right and here Microsoft has promised to provide more capabilities to SPFx extensions

View solution in original post