Site Collection App Store Missing App Menu Items

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

An user, user A, self created a team site from the SharePoint.aspx page. Since then a request for a site collection app catalog was made and the SharePoint admin created this app catalog. User A can access this app catalog and upload any SPFx app. What is happening is that that User A is not getting the app to deploy. There is no error, and the app menu which is normally located under the Items tab, is missing. It is as if User A does not have permissions to deploy. Can someone please help me find where User A can upload and have these SPFx apps deploy?

This is the App menu items that are missing for User A:

mejohnm_0-1598080303464.png

3 Replies
I also want to mention that the user A is site collection admin. Does not matter if the user created their own Team site or Communication site, or if the SPO admin does it. They have no access to deploy SPFx apps within their own site collection app store.

@mejohnm same issue with me. Do you got any solution?

I tested with some cases and find why there is no Apps ribbon menu.
I remove the site collection app catalogue using Remove-SPSiteCollectionAppCatalogs command to delete not working app catalog.
Before you run the powershell script to create site collection app catalog,
You have to check the following permission.
1. Tenant level sharepoint admin
2. Tenant level app catalog site collection admin.
3. Target site collection admin.
If you missing number 3 permission when you run the power shell script, you can't see the apps ribbon tab.