SOLVED

SharePoint SPX development webpart

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I m new to SPX development and I have created my first web part using Vs Code and run successfully, but when I do changes on the code and then run the code it won't reflect the changes on Sharepoint even I removed and re add the web part. 

Every time I create a new project and do the changes it will reflect without issue, I was thinking it will be a cache issue on browser and I remove the cache, but still not reflecting the changes. 

can someone please help me. 

Thanks. 

7 Replies

Hi @nipW ,

let me understand better :)

Did you install on app catalog?

If yes, did you deploy / update a new versione?

My hint is to execute npm clean before gulp bundle --ship and gulp package-solution --ship

Cheers

Federico

Hi @nipW 

Like @Federico Porceddu mentioned, if this happens when deploying a new version of the app, make sure that you update the version on config > package-solution.json

Keeping the same app version number on different code versions can lead to this issue.

Hi Federico,

No I haven't installed it, I m using local host Work bench with gulp serve. If i create a new project and run gulp serve then the new project will reflect, but if you do a small modification and re run the gulp serve and re add the web part I cannot see the changes. 

Thanks. 

I think public CDN is enabled on your tenant, could be the reason why your are facing this caching stuff.

Please check the reference of your assets is it coming form a public CDN or not, if it is a Public CDN and it take sometime to update the assets over there post your changes.

Refer below for more idea on public CDN

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/web-parts/get-started/hosting-webpart-from-offi...

HI Ujwaln,

Thanks for your reply, could you you please explain to me why I need to worry about the tenancy setting as I m trying to running on the local host.

Thanks. 

Hi Nipuna,

What happens when you browse https://localhost:4321, does it get served or do you see any issues:

1) Check if you have added dev cert using gulp dev cert

2) If the above site gives protocol error you need add a environment variable as mentioned here https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts/issues/357

best response confirmed by nipW (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Vishwanatha,

Thanks for your reply, seems to be it is working now. But I haven't done any specific changes, so I cannot post the answer/ findings.

Only thing that I can think of is save every changes before run the gulp serve. 

Thanks all. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nipW (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi Vishwanatha,

Thanks for your reply, seems to be it is working now. But I haven't done any specific changes, so I cannot post the answer/ findings.

Only thing that I can think of is save every changes before run the gulp serve. 

Thanks all. 

View solution in original post