SOLVED

SharePoint Site Templates

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I recently got a free E5 developer account to use while I am studying. When I was setting up my tenant, I used the sample data packs and created 2 SharePoint sites using the Microsoft templates that were available. I used the Leadership Connection and the Crisis Management templates. 

I have added a new SharePoint site and I want to apply the Leadership template to it as well. However when I go to "Apply a Site Template" from the settings, those templates are not shown in the "From Microsoft" tab. 

When I go back to one of the sites I created during the initial setup, which I used these templates for, and go to "Apply a site template" there they are!

So my question is, why can I not seem to find the templates I used earlier? I do see some templates but not as many and not the ones I want to use. I only see Event Planning, Project Management, Training and Courses, Training and Development Team, and Team Collaboration. Not Leadership Connection and not Crisis Management. 

This isn't a huge problem, but I'd like to understand this better. None of the templates that are available to me from one of the sites I created earlier are available to use on this new site I created. It's rather odd to me. "New Employee Onboarding" for example. I can only see that template when I go to Apply a Site Template from one of the 2 sites I created during the initial setup. Not from this new site I created today. 

Thank you

2 Replies
best response confirmed by DAS3D (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Oh boy...I just figured it out. My bad. The original sites were Communication sites. The new site was a Team site. This must be the reason. Sorry, thank you.

Hello, . SharePoint Online will be launching 3 new SharePoint site templates that will allow us to collaborate better with our colleagues and access important assets efficiently. 

These new SharePoint site templates will help organize the critical contents in the home site, educate your brand principles to the employees and track your purchase orders & invoices effectively.    

So, create or modify the existing site and take your SharePoint sites to the next level with these new templates. Keep an eye out for the targeted release.

Refer below to get additional functionalities that these site templates offer!

https://o365reports.com/2023/03/23/3-new-sharepoint-site-templates-to-revamp-site-collaborations/

@DAS3D

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DAS3D (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Oh boy...I just figured it out. My bad. The original sites were Communication sites. The new site was a Team site. This must be the reason. Sorry, thank you.

View solution in original post