Sharepoint Online - npm install sp-dev-fx-webparts error

Brass Contributor

Hey all,

For days I have been trying to install some of the sample webparts found on github

It may also be worth noting, that I am not a developer or anything like that, and I am completely new to using node.

I am using Npm version is 6.13.1, but the install always ends up like below after running npm install:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

C:\Github\sp-dev-fx-webparts\samples\react-calendar>npm install
npm WARN deprecated gulp-util@3.0.8: gulp-util is deprecated - replace it, following the guidelines at https://medium.com/gulpjs/gulp-util-ca3b1f9f9ac5
npm WARN deprecated wrench@1.3.9: wrench.js is deprecated! You should check out fs-extra (https://github.com/jprichardson/node-fs-extra) for any operations you were using wrench for. Thanks for all the usage over the years.
npm WARN deprecated core-js@1.2.7: core-js@<3.0 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm WARN deprecated left-pad@1.3.0: use String.prototype.padStart()
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated natives@1.1.6: This module relies on Node.js's internals and will break at some point. Do not use it, and update to graceful-fs@4.x.
npm WARN deprecated kleur@2.0.2: Please upgrade to kleur@3 or migrate to 'ansi-colors' if you prefer the old syntax. Visit <https://github.com/lukeed/kleur/releases/tag/v3.0.0\> for migration path(s).
npm WARN deprecated es6-collections@0.5.6: not actively maintained anymore
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.9: One of your dependencies needs to upgrade to fsevents v2: 1) Proper nodejs v10+ support 2) No more fetching binaries from AWS, smaller package size
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.10: core-js@<3.0 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm WARN deprecated browserslist@1.7.7: Browserslist 2 could fail on reading Browserslist >3.0 config used in other tools.
npm WARN deprecated @types/vfile-message@2.0.0: This is a stub types definition. vfile-message provides its own type definitions, so you do not need this installed.
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: please upgrade to graceful-fs 4 for compatibility with current and future versions of Node.js
npm WARN react-draft-wysiwyg@1.13.2 requires a peer of immutable@3.x.x || 4.x.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN draftjs-utils@0.9.4 requires a peer of immutable@3.x.x || 4.x.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN html-to-draftjs@1.4.0 requires a peer of immutable@3.x.x || 4.x.x but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @voitanos/jest-preset-spfx-react16@1.3.2 requires a peer of jest@^24.8.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN karma-junit-reporter@1.2.0 requires a peer of karma@>=0.9 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ajv-keywords@3.4.1 requires a peer of ajv@^6.9.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ts-jest@24.0.2 requires a peer of jest@>=24 <25 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall rename
npm ERR! path C:\Github\sp-dev-fx-webparts\samples\react-calendar\node_modules\@uifabric\variants\node_modules\office-ui-fabric-react
npm ERR! dest C:\Github\sp-dev-fx-webparts\samples\react-calendar\node_modules\@uifabric\variants\node_modules\.office-ui-fabric-react.DELETE
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename 'C:\Github\sp-dev-fx-webparts\samples\react-calendar\node_modules\@uifabric\variants\node_modules\office-ui-fabric-react' -> 'C:\Github\sp-dev-fx-webparts\samples\react-calendar\node_modules\@uifabric\variants\node_modules\.office-ui-fabric-react.DELETE'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is alot of information in the log file, but honestly I have no idea how to put that information to good use, but I have attached to this message

I have done my SharePoint Framework according to this guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/set-up-your-development-environment

I have tried re-install several times but not with any luck. 
This may not be a node.js problem at all, but maybe a problem with the samples I am trying to install, and I that is the case so be it, I would just really like to test out these samples, since some of them seem to contain some pretty cool functionality.

Hope some of you have some advice on this one

Best regards

Michael

2 Replies

I'm facing the same issue with the samples.... @ https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts
I have reinstalled and installed npm and node so many times and followed the instructions  but no luck

See the error in screenshot below

clipboard_image_0.png

Hope to get a help on this one

Thanks in Advance

3 years later I came across this same problem, when trying to get started with the SPFx installation but no luck and only failing errors. Anyone found a solution?