Sharepoint Online Issues while applying search configurations during Provisioning a site

Brass Contributor

I am facing the issue while applying the provisioning template to a site with Search Settings only. The issue does not occur all the time. Have anyone faced this issue earlier?

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponseStream(Stream responseStream)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ProcessResponse()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ExecuteQueryToServer(ChunkStringBuilder sb)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRequest.ExecuteQuery()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientRuntimeContext.ExecuteQuery()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext.ExecuteQuery()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContextExtensions.ExecuteQueryImplementation(ClientRuntimeContext clientContext, Int32 retryCount, Int32 delay)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SearchExtensions.SetSearchConfigurationImplementation(ClientRuntimeContext context, SearchObjectLevel searchObjectLevel, String searchConfiguration)
   at OfficeDevPnP.Core.Framework.Provisioning.ObjectHandlers.ObjectSearchSettings.ProvisionObjects(Web web, ProvisioningTemplate template, TokenParser parser, ProvisioningTemplateApplyingInformation applyingInformation)
   at OfficeDevPnP.Core.Framework.Provisioning.ObjectHandlers.SiteToTemplateConversion.ApplyRemoteTemplate(Web web, ProvisioningTemplate template, ProvisioningTemplateApplyingInformation provisioningInfo)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.WebExtensions.ApplyProvisioningTemplate(Web web, ProvisioningTemplate template, ProvisioningTemplateApplyingInformation applyingInformation)
5 Replies

Could you please post your provisioning xml?

Sorry, I cannot post the xml. The issue is it does not happen all the time. It fails sometimes only.

I do recognize this behavior but never investigated the root-cause. So far when failing I consider the Search service to be in a temporary state ("busy with something" or maintenance) that causes this issue.

I understand you already have a dedicated Provisioning Template for Search Settings so depending on the way you apply your template you could maybe implement some sort of retry-mechanism in applying your template to work around this. 

Ok since it does not happen all the time i can confirm seeing this sometimes with a unstable internet connection or during update of office365

I am seeing the same error and it seems very random. We did put 5 retry but even after that sometime it fails.

Is there a way we can get detailed error log from ULS or something?