Sharepoint Online: Expand/Collapse Items in Quick Launch for Enterprise Wiki Setup

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm using Sharepoint Online where we created a Sharepoint site under the Enterprise Wiki setup. I'm trying to modify the Quick Launch items so they can be expanded/collapsed. Based on the below link, it looks like it's possible to do but I'm not having luck. I'm not 100% sure how to implement this exactly step-by-step to get this functionality to work. 

https://sympmarc.com/2015/05/27/simple-expandcollapse-for-the-quick-launch-in-sharepoint-2013-or-sha... 

I've also tried to enable the indentation of the Quick Launch items as another option by modifying the v4.Master page file but no changes happen after modifying the file, etc.

Overall, I'm trying to achieve the expand/collapse of the items in quick launch on left-hand side with the least amount of steps/clicks as possible. I might have to create a new Sharepoint site with a Teams template instead of a Enterprise Wiki(classic experience) template as the Teams site has the functionality I'm looking for with the modern Sharepoint experience but if I can use the Enterprise Wiki template, then I would prefer that.

Can anyone assist here possibly?

0 Replies