SOLVED

SharePoint form footer visible if form is new

Brass Contributor

I have a SP list form with a button in the footer that launches a PowerApp. What I need is to hide this button if the form is new. Is there something in Json that can see if the form is new? I thought I could do it based on the ID like this "visibility": "=if([$ID]=='')" thinking there would not be an ID until the item is saved but the ID column is hidden so I don't think that will work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by SG523 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SG523 This is a know limitation of list form JSON formatting in SharePoint.

Using Created, ID, or Author in JSON code will not work as those fields are not shown on list forms. You can refer only those columns which are shown on list forms.

Similar threadHow to detect Edit vs New when styling custom list forms with JSON? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you for the solution. I will try this tomorrow and see if it .
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SG523 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@SG523 This is a know limitation of list form JSON formatting in SharePoint.

Using Created, ID, or Author in JSON code will not work as those fields are not shown on list forms. You can refer only those columns which are shown on list forms.

Similar threadHow to detect Edit vs New when styling custom list forms with JSON? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post