SOLVED

SharePoint Designer to Microsoft Flow Limitations

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone,

Like a lot of people who are reading this, we have been using SharePoint Designer (SPD) for several years to do a myriad of little things:

• Email reminders
  • Copying documents from library to another if it meets a certain condition
  • Copying list items from one library to another if it meets a certain condition
  • Looping workflows
  • Setting list/library column fields to a certain value

While I'm committed to learning Flow better, and I realize that Microsoft is working every day to make Flow do more things that SPD has done in the past, I have one overwhelming problem in our Office 365 tenant.

That's the hard limit of 4500 Flows per month.

Since it's coming up to Black Friday, I have been getting a number of requests from people wanting me to buy things.  Like online training, and at big, bargain prices.

Anyway, I was talking with a lovely non-bot Samantha (I asked her if she was a real person, and she said yes), about their training offers, describing my issue with Flow.

She said that PowerApps can actually do a number of these types of operations without using Flow.  My first question is, anyone have any experience with PowerApps doing some of the tasks I listed?

My second question, does anyone have any recommendations for training groups that are of good quality, offering online solutions at a reasonable price?

3 Replies
No I wouldn't use Powerapps for any of those. Flow isn't restricted to 4500 not sure where you get that. That's just for a paid flow license. You get 2000 per Office 365 licensed user and it's pooled so you get a pretty heft amount. You can get 50000 for 40/mo if you need more but most of the time you do not.

For training there are a lot of YouTube content out there to learn this stuff. Shane Young / Laura Rogers have good PowerApps and Flow content and even do offer training through their respective companies.

Thanks @Chris Webb.  I got that information from Microsoft at the conference in Boston, plus we have been told that based on our license, which is for an educational institution.  I would love to be wrong on that one, and thank you for the recommendations.

best response confirmed by Stephen Morley (Brass Contributor)
Solution
All office 365 licenses are pooled the only one not is the free one that normal free tier users use. See this which includes education in the office 365 listing in the FAQ.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stephen Morley (Brass Contributor)
Solution
All office 365 licenses are pooled the only one not is the free one that normal free tier users use. See this which includes education in the office 365 listing in the FAQ.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

View solution in original post