Sharepoint & Exchange calendar integration

Copper Contributor

I've been searching all over for this. The closest I got to was about Group Work or something like resource reservation which was stopped in Sharepoint2010. I'm new to Sharepoint, but I have a few years experience with OOP so I don't mind digging into code if necessary.

What do we do, I'm trying to promote our organization to use Sharepoint more. I've started by getting rid of excel spreadsheets and started using Custom Lists. Now I would like to allow users to make bookings through our Sharepoint, but I need the calendar to be synced with Exchange. Where do I find documentation on this? is it possible?

4 Replies
Start looking at the Graph API...if you want to make a custom booking app in SharePoint that works with Exchange Online, the Graph is the API to be used. There are also third party apps that could do what you need here

Hi,

Check out if this article comes in handy: https://www.codetwo.com/admins-blog/exchange-2016-sharepoint-2016-integration-calendar-overlay-site-.... It describes Exchange and SharePoint Calendar integration.

All the best,

Adam

Thank you. The Graph API is a big topic. your answer is very broad but thank you so much for taking the time out to answer.

Thank you Adam. It looks like it will be helpful. I will try it out and let you know how I get on. It's not easy moving from OOP to SharePoint, but I love Microsoft products so hopefully I can promote more usage and utilizing of MS SharePoint.