SOLVED

sharegate Jobs

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I am new to sharegate.

I have sharepoint 2010 application which contain 5 sites collection.

how many sharegate migration jobs we required for 5 sites..

I am assuming 1 job for each site collection, is my assumption is correct?

7 Replies
Hi,
It's based on the size and performance of your server. But the best is to use 1 per site collection and running it simultaneously for the other site collections. You can run the migration parallel but it affects the performance of the source and the destination. My suggestion is to run 1 site collection at a time.

Thanks for sugegstions@Sudharsan K 

so if I have 5 site collection , i need to create 5 jobs, is that correct?@Sudharsan K 

Hi,
Its based on how fast you need to complete the migration. Better migrate site collection 1 at a time to get a better performance and better results.

sorry, but do we need 5 different jobs for 5 site collection or we can use same job for all 5 site collection @Sudharsan K 

Hi,
My suggestion is to run the migration in real-time instead of scheduling in jobs, if you really want to schedule in jobs, the conditions are the same, schedule 1 job per site collection and run 1 job at a time. It is not the limitation of Sharegate but to maintain the migration more efficient, 1 job at a time should fit.
best response confirmed by rautchetan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi
If you find this post helpful and if you think it as a solution, please mark it for others to benefit from this posts.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rautchetan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi
If you find this post helpful and if you think it as a solution, please mark it for others to benefit from this posts.

View solution in original post