SOLVED

Setting Retention Labels on OneDrive Folder items.

Iron Contributor

Hi

I am in the process of reviewing the retention label of user's ODFB files after each file is restored from the Recycle bin  .

I can locate my file 

$f = Get-PnPFolderItem -FolderSiteRelativeUrl "Documents/Expenses" -ItemName $filename

However, I am short changed here :expressionless_face:, as there are no SetComplianceTag methods available, as per Get-PnPListItem (see below) .  Hence, is there a clever way to locate this file and pipe the output to Get-PnPListItem , to allow me to access these methods.  

SetComplianceTag

SetComplianceTagWithExplicitMetasUpdate

SetComplianceTagWithHold

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Daniel Westerdale (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Update: remembered that James from @IDLive  had written a similar query in some auditing scripts, plus there a load of CAML examples out there to get a list item.  So real easy to create my query from these resources that worked first time (  a first for me =))

$query = "<View Scope='RecursiveAll'><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='FileLeafRef'/><Value Type='File'>$filename</Value></Eq></Where></Query></View>"
$f = Get-PnPListItem -List Documents -Query $query

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Daniel Westerdale (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Update: remembered that James from @IDLive  had written a similar query in some auditing scripts, plus there a load of CAML examples out there to get a list item.  So real easy to create my query from these resources that worked first time (  a first for me =))

$query = "<View Scope='RecursiveAll'><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='FileLeafRef'/><Value Type='File'>$filename</Value></Eq></Where></Query></View>"
$f = Get-PnPListItem -List Documents -Query $query

View solution in original post