SOLVED

Set-UnifiedGroup and the the SharePointSiteUrl property read-only

Copper Contributor

Is it not possible to update this property?

I've created a team XYZ with a corresponding sites at /sites/XYZ - but because of new requirements I need to reuse that url for a new site. Ideally I'd be able migrate the SP site to a new url and just update the O365 groups SharePointSiteUrl to the new url....thus keeping my team, conversations, documents and history.

AFIK the way I could do it would be to create a new team (with a new site) and migrate data (but conversations in the team would be lost)?

2 Replies
Yeah currently not a supported scenario to change SharePoint group association. I think I recall hearing something about them looking at it but nothing now.

But yeah, basically you're looking at setting up a new one and moving content. Convos would be lost, or basically in a place not easy to reach via Security and Compliance lookups :P.
best response confirmed by Roger Langedal (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ability to change a site collection url is definitively coming, but no ETA and not details about how it's going to work with Groups
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Roger Langedal (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Ability to change a site collection url is definitively coming, but no ETA and not details about how it's going to work with Groups

View solution in original post