SOLVED

Rename the “New Item” in SPO list New Form to a meaningful Title

Brass Contributor

In my new form.aspx of my splist of my SPO site, i would like to change the title New Item to "some_meaningfull_name"(like create customer , or create product etc ) , is this possible? since its not classic experience , i cant add a JQuery code or JS code or i dont have an option to edit the page too.

is there any way, i can achieve this?change_newitem_somename1.PNG

6 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Click the customise button (next to copy link) and you should be able to edit it PowerApps.

but, i am not able to see the title "New Item" for Editing. the only texts i am able to see are the fields available in the new form.

@Deleted wrote:

Click the customise button (next to copy link) and you should be able to edit it PowerApps.

You have to change it and save it and it remove that portion.

So for example change the theme and save it.

Here is an example ... you might need to check out powerapps help to see how to modify.

Powerapps form.PNG

@Prasad Punneri 

Did you ever find a soluton for this?

The answer supplied by @Deleted works for the modal window when clicking "New" from the AllItems view, as demonstrated in his screenshot, but the "New item" header that you're referring to is outside of the PowerApp on the /NewForm.aspx page, and can't be removed in the way suggested.

@Prasad Punneri This is now easily customizable using JSON. Please check out the following article: Configure the list form | Microsoft Docs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

View solution in original post