Regarding SPFX - gulp package-solution

Brass Contributor

Hi There,

When I would like to package my SPFX WebPart (https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/master/samples/js-skype-status), and the document says "After copying that sample to your local machine and running npm install to install the dependencies" so I run the "npm install" and finally perform the command : gulp package-solution. Meantime, I got the following error ... Is there anyone who has any idea on it?? 

My node.js version is 10.16.3

My npm version is 6.11.3 (the lasted one)

"

internal/util/inspect.js:31
const types = internalBinding('types');
              ^
ReferenceError: internalBinding is not defined
    at internal/util/inspect.js:31:15
    at req_ (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\natives\index.js:137:5)
    at require (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\natives\index.js:110:12)
    at util.js:25:21
    at req_ (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\natives\index.js:137:5)
    at require (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\natives\index.js:110:12)
    at fs.js:42:21
    at Object.req [as require] (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\natives\index.js:54:10)
    at Object. (C:\Users\Administrator\source\repos\spfx\js-skype-status\node_modules\vinyl-fs\node_modules\graceful-fs\fs.js:1:37)

"

1 Reply

@Will # _________ H 

First thing to try - delete node_modules and package-lock.json

After that, install everything again and try packaging your solution. If that doesn't work, try explicitly updating natives to 1.1.6

rm rf node_modules
rm rf package-lock.json
npm i
npm install natives@1.1.6