SOLVED

PNPJs help

Brass Contributor

I'm currently using PNPJs to create an automated list from an Azure function. It loads perfectly on our main 'Intranet' SharePoint site but for some reason, a list that is created on another site page won't update. Are there permission issues that would be causing this? I tested it on 3 lists on the main site page and it worked fine. I just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be massively appreciated.

4 Replies

Hey @timparsons 

So, are you trying to read items from a list contained in a different site than the one your page is hosted?

The secondary site is still part of our account. So we have:

www.companysharepoint.com/sites/list1 (this works)

www.companysharepoint.com/sites/list2 (this doesn't work)

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I see..

So, is it a webpart using SPFx? or just a script editor in a classic site? 

Anyway, if you want to query a different site using PnPJS, you have to create a new Web class for that site.

So, in your code(assuming you a re using Typescript in a SPFx webpart), you would use:

var newWeb = new Web("www.companysharepoint.com/sites/list2 ");

var items = await newWeb.lists.getByTitle("ListName");

And so on. Let me know if you need any help.

@Carlos_Marins I'm not actually using a webpart. I'm sending the data directly to SharePoint using a function app in Azure. Never had an issue before but this one's getting me.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I see..

So, is it a webpart using SPFx? or just a script editor in a classic site? 

Anyway, if you want to query a different site using PnPJS, you have to create a new Web class for that site.

So, in your code(assuming you a re using Typescript in a SPFx webpart), you would use:

var newWeb = new Web("www.companysharepoint.com/sites/list2 ");

var items = await newWeb.lists.getByTitle("ListName");

And so on. Let me know if you need any help.

View solution in original post