PNP Provisioning engine error in adding column in View

Copper Contributor

Hello-

I am using PNP Provisioning Engine where I am adding one column Classification in the Provisioning template to show it in document library view. While I am not getting any issue for other columns like version, checked out to but for classification [ custom column] it is throwing error at the time of site creation. Error:

Error during stage TemplateProvisioning site provisioning: Column classification doesnt exist.It may have been deleted by another user.

I am using SharePointPNPCore2013 V:2.15.1705

Any suggestion will be highly helpful.Thanks in advance.

Sayan.

4 Replies

Hi @Sayan DuttaMajumdar,

Is the base template of the site that you extractd the template from the same as the base template that you are applying the template to?

Hi Sayan,

I read the classification column is a custom created column, so not the out of the box column SharePoint provides. Did you actually created this site column at Site collection level in your template? Is the ID and internal name in the view the same as in the definition of the site column? Are you using a content type on your list? Is the column available in this content type? Just some pointers to look at.

Hi Robert,

All those are creating on the fly.
Did you actually created this site column at Site collection level in your template? Didn't understand your question
Is the ID and internal name in the view the same as in the definition of the site column?Tried with both.
Are you using a content type on your list? Yes
Is the column available in this content type? Yes