Pnp PowerShell Get-PnpFolder/Rename-PnpFolder gives error on Method "GetFolderByServerRelativePath"

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-937063%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EPnp%20PowerShell%20Get-PnpFolder%2FRename-PnpFolder%20gives%20error%20on%20Method%20%22GetFolderByServerRelativePath%22%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-937063%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EI'm%20using%20Pnp%20PowerShell%20against%20a%20SharePoint%202013%20server%20on-prem%20and%20whenever%20I%20try%20to%20use%20Get-PnpFolder%20or%20Rename-PnpFolder%2C%20they%20both%20give%20the%20error%3A%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EMethod%20%22GetFolderByServerRelativePath%22%20does%20not%20exist%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI've%20tried%20using%20it%20on%20both%20my%20workstation%20(Windows%2010)%20and%20on%20one%20of%20the%20SharePoint%202013%20Server%20web%20front%20ends.%20Both%20get%20the%20same%20error.%26nbsp%3B%20All%20the%20other%20cmdlets%20I%20have%20used%20work%20just%20fine.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EIt%20is%20connecting%20to%20the%20site%20because%20I%20can%20use%20the%20cmdlets%20to%20access%20lists%20for%20example.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-937063%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EPnP%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E
New Contributor

I'm using Pnp PowerShell against a SharePoint 2013 server on-prem and whenever I try to use Get-PnpFolder or Rename-PnpFolder, they both give the error:

 

Method "GetFolderByServerRelativePath" does not exist

 

I've tried using it on both my workstation (Windows 10) and on one of the SharePoint 2013 Server web front ends. Both get the same error.  All the other cmdlets I have used work just fine.

 

It is connecting to the site because I can use the cmdlets to access lists for example.

 

0 Replies