Performance and Load Testing of SharePoint 2013/2016 with ADFS

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone,

This was a question I posed on Twitter with the hashtag of #sphelp, but did not get a response. The question is, using Visual Studio 2015 for performance and load testing of SharePoint 2013/2016 doesn't appear to be truly viable because of the limitation of Visual Studio 2015 test tools (doesn't allow for javascript to run at all). Since this is the case does anyone have any recommendations on a load or performance testing solution for SharePoint 2013/2016 that will allow for pass-through of ADFS tokens/credentials?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi

I have tested SP2013 using Visual Studio ultimate. I used Visual Studio to capture interactions between the client and SharePoint 2013 and then replay these interactions, usually as a performance test, to ensure that nothing I have done has comprimised the functionality and performance of my SharePoint 2013 farm.

Regards

Nigel

I don't agree VS 2015 Test Tools are limited to do load testing...what you need is to plan and design carefully your performance and load test architecture so you can really extress your farm