New in Sharepoint Development

Copper Contributor

I am new to Sharepoint development but I don't understand how can I develop on it, I tried to use Developer Toolkit but it is disabled in Sharepoint Store, also "install" Sharepoint Framework because Microsoft Learn gives it as a recommendation but it doesn't work for me allows to generate the data of a project since the gulp and yo commands say that they do not exist.

3 Replies

@EmmanuelJim You will need to install different tools for SPFx development like node.js, yeoman, gulp, etc.

Follow below documentation to set up your development environment properly: spfx-set-up-your-development-environment 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I did everything on that page, but the problem is when I ran the command
yo @Pernille-Eskebo/sharepoint
This command gives me the following error:
yo : The term 'yo' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program. check the
spelling of the name, or if a path was included, check that the path is correct and try again.
Online: 1 character: 1
+ @Pernille-Eskebo/sharepoint
+ ~~
+ CategoryInfo: ObjectNotFound: (yo:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ Fully qualifiedErrorId: CommandNotFoundException

This error don't allow me to continue the process to generate the project

Did you execute the commands
"npm install yo --global"
"npm install @Pernille-Eskebo/generator-sharepoint --global"
as in a shell with administrator privileges?

The error message suggests, that yeoman has not been installed globally.