Modify header of a communication site - SharePoint Online

Copper Contributor

Good morning,

First of all, this is my first post in this forum, and I have to say that I'm not a developer guy, so please forgive me in advance if I seem dumb with some things related to this matter :persevering_face:

The company for I'm working for has several communication sites in SharePoint Online, and some of them have disclaimer texts like the attached (see attached "Disclaimerheader.png").

The thing is that text is currently in Spanish, but that site is for English people, so must be in English, so my boss told me to fix that.

I took a first glance, and from Appearance sites it cannot be altered (only footer, but not header). So I run some searchs on Google, and I found out that this could be done by a kind of code/script injected within the site.

I took a look at Site contents, and I saw this app packages (see "Apppackages.png"). Initially I thought "topXXX" was what I was looking for, but today I've found out that "Modern Script Editor web part" could be the responsible (snooping around in this forum before creating this thread).

The problem is the guy who added this web part package to the sites is no longer working here, neither the IT guy who supposedly updated it, so I'm alone fighting with this issue, with almost zero knowledge of how this works.

What I want is change the header from Spanish to English, but I have no idea how to alter/modify the web package which do this.

How could make it? A guide for Sharepoint dummies would be great! Any kind of help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

0 Replies