SOLVED

Modernize - Classic to Modern - Any PowerShell to update List Experience programatically?

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi community,

As the title suggests - I've run through the steps in this article Modernize your classic SharePoint sites however this doesn't cover lists/libraries that were previously created in classic. 

I know this can be updated manually on an individual library basis via Library Settings > Advanced Settings > List Experience but is there any available powershell (or plan for this) to do this programatically? (I couldn't see anything in pnp-powershell docs) I have a customer with large sites with hundreds of lists and libraries and would like to automate this process to get them all modernized.

Many thanks 

3 Replies
You can do it programmatically using PnP.

Set-PnPList has a parameter that lets you set the list experience. Simply write a foreach loop that cycles through site collections, sires and lists and enables new experience.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Set-PnPList has a parameter that lets you set the list experience. Simply write a foreach loop that cycles through site collections, sires and lists and enables new experience.

You can also switch it on via SharePoint Admin Center too.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

You can also switch it on via SharePoint Admin Center too.

View solution in original post