SOLVED

Issues creating a site collection from provisioning template created from 0365 starter intranet PnP

Brass Contributor

Ok the scenario is that i used PowerShell Scripting (thanks to the efforts of Erwin!) to  create a provisioning template of the 0365-starter-intranet available in the pnp samples. When I upload the xml  template and use the schedule job to create a new site based on this template i get the following error "The web template BLANKINTERNET#0 is not available for sites on this tenant." Any suggestions?

4 Replies
When you manually create a site collection is publishing site available?

Hi thanks for the reply.  Manually I see only "Publishing Portal" and "Enterprise Wiki" 

best response confirmed by Debayo Graham (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I'm not familiar with the solution you used, but I do know the site definition BLANKINTERNET#0 (Publishing Site) is designed only to be used for creating subsites, not site collections. Does your XML template specify BLANKINTERNET#0 somewhere within its contents? If so you could maybe try to replace it with BLANKINTERNETCONTAINER#0 (Publishing Portal - another site definition) and see what happens.

Thanks that pointed me in the right direction. However now i am getting the infamous "Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object." Almost every time i create a site collection now

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Debayo Graham (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I'm not familiar with the solution you used, but I do know the site definition BLANKINTERNET#0 (Publishing Site) is designed only to be used for creating subsites, not site collections. Does your XML template specify BLANKINTERNET#0 somewhere within its contents? If so you could maybe try to replace it with BLANKINTERNETCONTAINER#0 (Publishing Portal - another site definition) and see what happens.

View solution in original post