SOLVED

Is it possible to deply an app at the root site level only and should not be deployed into the subsi

Iron Contributor

Is it possible to deply an app at the root site level only and should not be deployed into the subsites.

Thanks

3 Replies

THis should be no problem. As you need to activate the app per site.

I want to restrict users to add the app into the sub sites.

How do i go about putting in place the restriction.

best response confirmed by null null (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I think the only option to restrict this, is by not giving users in subsites the permissions required to install apps. A user must have the Manage Web site and Create Subsites permissions to add an app for SharePoint. By default, these permissions are available only to users who have the Full Control permission level or who are in the site Owners group. So without these permissions your users won't be able to install apps.

Additionally (or alternatively), if your app is designed to only work correcty when installed at the Root-site level, you can check for this condition inside of your app and show a message (or other kind of notification) and disable the rest of your app's logic programmatically if the app's "Host Web" is not the root-site. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by null null (Iron Contributor)
Solution

I think the only option to restrict this, is by not giving users in subsites the permissions required to install apps. A user must have the Manage Web site and Create Subsites permissions to add an app for SharePoint. By default, these permissions are available only to users who have the Full Control permission level or who are in the site Owners group. So without these permissions your users won't be able to install apps.

Additionally (or alternatively), if your app is designed to only work correcty when installed at the Root-site level, you can check for this condition inside of your app and show a message (or other kind of notification) and disable the rest of your app's logic programmatically if the app's "Host Web" is not the root-site. 

View solution in original post