Is it possible to add a search column with filter in a sharepoint list ?

Copper Contributor

When creating a lookup column, I would like to be able to limit the return to a portion of the content in the lookup list.

I would like for example to have in my list B, a search column providing only part of the elements of my list B. This part corresponding to the elements of list B filtered according to a column.

According to my research this is not possible. Does anyone have a solution to achieve this?

1 Reply

@EiC4733 If you are trying to limit the lookup column options from parent list to child list in dropdown on child list form, this is not possible using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

If you are using SharePoint online modern experience, you can customize list form using Power apps to achieve your requirements OR use calculated column formula approach (depends on your requirements, it might not work) mentioned in below link.

Similar threadHow to filter lookup column based on another column from using specific criteria? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.