Invalid Tenant reference

Copper Contributor

Has anyone encoutner the following error?

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

CS1061

'Tenant' does not contain a definition for 'SiteExists' and no extension method 'SiteExists' accepting a first argument of type 'Tenant' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Provisioning.Hybrid.Core

Provisioning.Hybrid.Core\SiteDirectoryManager.cs

I've tried fining the right dll but, I can't find siteExists in

SharePointPnPCore2013.2.10.1612.0\lib\net45\Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Client.Tenant.dll nor

Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM.16.1.5903.1200\lib\net45\Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Client.Tenant.dll

2 Replies

You might want to add what you are trying to do when you get the mesage that you are reporting?

Hi Pieter,
Thank's for replying.

Overall, I am trying to build the PnP/Provisioning.Hybrid solutions and, I want to update it to SP On-Prem 2016. The above error was when I install the Provisioning.Hybrid and tried to compile. The Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.TenantAdministration was reference but, there is no mention to which version of the Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Client.Tenant.dll it needs.

I fixed the error using NuGet Package - Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM.16.1.5326.1200

I'm having hard time finding which NuGet Package should be used with you use a PnP Solution, especially, that most of the tools used to build the solution are old now, and some deprecated.