SOLVED

Invalid Package - SPFX Solution (solved)

Copper Contributor

Started receiving Valid App Package = No today while trying to update an app package in the catalog.

Looking at the unavailable apps view reveals the following error message: 

Invalid SharePoint App package. Error: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ClientSideFramework.SPClientSideComponentMetadata' to type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ClientSideComponent.SPClientSideComponentMetadata'.

image.png

Any suggestions?

I'm also unable to rollback the solution to any previously working version as I receive the same error there as well.

6 Replies

Could it be that you are using an older version of the SPFx as a base for this app?

best response confirmed by Cameron Sibbald (Copper Contributor)
Solution

That was a bug that got out - we believe it should be working now.  Can you let us know if you are still running into the issue?

Yes - the middle problem was the same thing.  It was fixed in that thread, but wanted to make sure you weren't hitting a different issue with a similar symptom.

Yup. I saw that one yesterday but started this thread because I was getting a different error message.
It's fixed now for me as well. Thanks Pat.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cameron Sibbald (Copper Contributor)
Solution

That was a bug that got out - we believe it should be working now.  Can you let us know if you are still running into the issue?

View solution in original post